My goal is to better as many lives as possible.
I do that by using EMDR on a regular basis with my own clients,
but also by providing consultation to other clinicians
who want to improve their own understanding and delivery of EMDR.
Consultation is for clinicians who have the EMDR basic training
and want to work toward certification,
or who just want to increase their knowledge and application of EMDR.
EMDR CONSULTATION OPTIONS:
Group or Individual
Face-to-face or Distance
Understanding the EMDR certification process:
Being a Certified Therapist in EMDR is optional. Completing the EMDR Training Course fully qualifies one ethically, professionally, and within one’s standards of practice to provide EMDR in one’s clinical setting.
Upon completion of the training course, a therapist may at any time thereafter pursue becoming a Certified Therapist in EMDR.
To become Certified in EMDR, the applicant for the designation of EMDRIA Certified Therapist must meet the following criteria:
1) Completion of the EMDRIA Approved Training
2) Licensure/Certification as a mental health professional
3) Notarized documentation supporting: two years experience in your field of license/certification/registration + experience conducting at least 50 EMDR sessions with at least 25 clients
4) At least 20 hours of consultation by an Approved Consultant in EMDR*
*These 20 hours of consultation are in addition to the 10 group consultation hours required to complete an EMDRIA Approved EMDR Training Course. At least 10 of these hours must be obtained through individual, EMDR-focused consultation. The remaining 10 hours may be obtained through small group consultation.
*Consultants must be familiar with:
Integrating EMDR into clinical practice
The Belief Focused Approach to EMDR treatment
The Processing Continuum: EMD, EMDr, EMDR
5) Letter(s) of recommendation from one or more Approved Consultant(s) in EMDR
6) Letters of recommendation regarding your professional utilization of EMDR (if possible), ethics in practice, and professional character.
7) Certificates of completion of 12 hours of EMDRIA Credits (continuing education in EMDR).
8) Signature of adherance to EMDRIA's Professional Code of Conduct