top of page

About Counseling & Resources


How do I get EAP sessions set up?

The new EAP is Southwest Employee Assistance (SWEAP). To set up counseling sessions, call 1-800-777-1797. SWEAP offers 8 free sessions for personal or work related reasons for you and your family members. If you request to see Nikki, you can just provide her name. It typically takes less than 10 minutes to complete. Once you receive approval, a confirmation number will be provided to you and the counselor of your choice. 

Please click on the link below to fill out the information for your EAP sessions.

Please call Southwest EAP at 1-800-777-1797 if you need any additional information.

Are all counseling sessions confidential?

Counseling sessions with a licensed counselor/therapist afford you privileged information, which is a form of confidentiality that supersedes and is stricter than HIPAA and general medical information. It can be necessary to break confidentiality if there is a credible threat of suicide, homicide, child abuse, elder abuse, or if the client signs consent to release of information.

Will Nikki provide a report to SFD admin?

No. She does not report any confidential information to the Springdale Fire Department. Upon a client's request, Nikki can write a letter including attendance dates, but does not make any fit-for-duty recommendations. She can complete FMLA documentation for clients, however, only at their request.

Do I have to use EAP?

No. You can use SWEAP to get counseling from any of the providers on their list, including, but not limited to me. If you do not use SWEAP to select your counselor, you will have to pay for the sessions out-of-pocket until your deductible is met.

What kind of things does counseling help?

It can help with post-traumatic symptoms, depression, anxiety, anger issues, relational problems, stress, life changes, addictions, goal setting, grief, diagnosable disorders, and other things. Counseling can also be proactive in nature to help people reach their potential. If one seeks out Nikki for services, and she feels they would be better served by a different counselor, she can make referrals.

How do I contact Nikki Penn or her office?

If you want to talk to her office staff, you can call 870-793-0071 during business hours. The staff can answer questions regarding EAP, billing, scheduling, and training. If you need to speak directly with Nikki, email her at She will respond as soon as possible.

As you all know, Nikki Penn is available to see you all for counseling; however, we want to provide other options as well, in case she is not available or is not a good fit.  


Upon request, the current EAP provider (SWEAP) has provided the counselors that have been utilized by other firefighters and emergency responders. Remember, any time you want to utilize your EAP to get your free sessions, you must contact SWEAP first before setting up an appointment.  

Rae Gately


EMDR Springdale  / children and family counseling

479 380-4788

   Kade Curry

 LPC MS MDiv Springdale

Internal family interventions

(479) 239-8465

        Ron Freeman

LMFT LPC Fayetteville

Couples counseling

  (479) 235-2951

          Alisa Mitchell


(479) 227-2998

          Kasie Dawson


Works with first responders 

Private practice in Fayetteville area

          Jennifer Payne

LAMFT Siloam springs

Premarital and marital counseling and 2 - trauma or stress-related issues.

844 307-0410



It is not an exhaustive list and SWEAP is always willing to try and add providers as they are requested, but these have been the most utilized since the first of the year.  Again, to use the EAP, clients must contact the EAP first.

bottom of page